Sunday, August 19, 2012

New Film Project!


Last thursday evening I got a green light on a new movie project.   I have been wanting to do a new movie project since Swordbearer ended, but I'm not one to just do something for the sake of doing it.  Thankfully, a great situation rose up involving an executive producer that I have a great deal of respect for.  I have agree to direct and serve as one of the producers for this project, which now has a green light!

The project is indie in nature, but it will be of the kind where the focus is on achieving a high production value and bringing together the best team possible.  I can't say too much about the project at the moment, as we have not done a formal announcement on it yet, but I can say that it is science fiction in nature, will be around 20 minutes long, and will contain some amazing martial arts-based fight sequences.  Intrigued?  Well, I sure was, especially after reading the short story that it is based upon.

We are looking to do the shooting sometime around December.  I have just begun to assemble the team, and it will take some time to identify a couple of women and a man who have the level of martial arts skills and camera presence that these roles require (the other role for a male is already cast).

I'm definitely excited about doing a new movie project and it has been made clear that this project is to be debuted in the early part of 2013, so it won't take long until the premiere!   I'll be sure to keep everyone posted!

1 comment:

Hunter F. Goss said...

Great news, Stephen! Another step closer to doing feature films if you're so inclined.

Hope everything goes smoothly for the production.

ShareThis